Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #15

I watched the video A Vision of Students Today and it just amazes me to see all of these facts. I loved how all of the tasks equaled 26.5 hours. I sit here and think "How can I best serve these students?" These are the people that will use instant messaging to ask a librarian a question. The best thing I can do is stay current with latest trends, follow blogs, and keep learning. After I read several articles I read from the OCLC newsletter I noticed a general theme of the look of the library is changing! It is more about customer service, whatever the hour. I can go to the library at UHCL without ever leaving my house, I can talk to a librarian without seeing their face, and I can do research without ever opening a book or magazine. School libraries are going to have to do the same thing if we want to reach our students, which are very different students than we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment